How to obtain the Flag
The Flag of Towns and Cities for All provides visibility for efforts to raise the standard of its environments and services by making them more and more suited to the diversity of its citizens.
The Flag awarding ceremony before citizens and the local media, presented by an international and independent organisation, following an external assessment is an opportunity to promote the municipality internationally.
To obtain the Flag, a local government must:
- Be a member of the Network.
- Collate information about accessibility and design for all initiatives and projects which:
- Equal a minimum of 2% of the investment budget, although this can include funding derived from other budgets or public authorities.
- Be supported within the community through a participative process or, at the least, by an association based in the municipality.
- Represent a direct benefit for citizens, demonstrating tangible results.
- Apply for assessment of initiatives undertaken during the year, using this document setting out economic and technical conditions for awarding the Flag.
- Submit projects and initiatives undertaken during the previous year to the Design for All Foundation for evaluation with the €3,000 fee to cover the assessment costs.
- Organise the award ceremony in the municipality.
* For the following countries: Spain, France, Luxembourg, Portugal, Sweden and Turkey our regional promoters can directly contacted.